Keyword research is the most crucial factor to consider to secure SEO friendly standards. This applies to all forms of digital content for all situations, whether it be a blogger adding content onto their site or if the head of marketing is developing a new energized content strategy; well-thought keywords are a detriment to leading new site traffic consistently. That is where Keyword Research Tools for SEO comes into play.
What are Keyword Research Finding Tools?
To get better SEO recognition, people use Keyword Research Tools to find words and phrases that potential customers are using to search for. Companies and established businesses often use professional SEO keyword finder tools to improve their content google rank.
The best keyword research always leads to higher SEO scores.
Keyword research tools can be classified into 2 broad categories depending on the level of research:
- Basic Keyword – A fairly straightforward approach usually preferred by beginners. Here, users will identify a seed word that will lead to other related keywords with better ranking.
- Competitor Keyword – Experienced users will know that this is highly effective as it is employed by sites with generally higher traffic. Here, professionals will use keywords that are proven traffic drivers to competitors sites.
Once the best keywords are identified, the next stage is to deliver quality user experience through interactive content and user-friendly design.
Hey! If it is bound to work for other sites. It will work for yours too!
Competitor Keyword Research is the best way to go to secure greater quality site traffic.
Once users have their site they need to fill it with quality content that targets the profitable keywords. Then sit back and watch the traffic build-up!
Generally, most of the free tools tend to provide the same level of useful information such as high ranking, CPC and keyword volume. But, as always the best ones are the paid ones.
As a content developer, it may be difficult to decide which one to go for. So in this guide, we will look at some noteworthy paid keyword finder tools and free keyword finder tools.
Here are the best 6 keyword finder tools everyone should know about.
Top 6 Best Keyword Research Tools for 2020
If you’re wondering what’s the best keyword research tool out there that can meet all your requirements. Look no further!
SEMrush is on the top of this list for a reason. It’s highly popular and has a good track record for delivering quality traffic.
It’s more than just an ordinary keyword finder tool, SEMrush can cross-search for profitable keywords that your competitors are using as well.
- Discover Long-Tail Keywords
- URL based Keywords
- Global CPC statistics
- Reports – Search Engine Ranking
- Keyword understandability reviews
SEMrush provides a free-7-day trial of their services for all new users. Credit card information would need to be provided to begin with the free trial. But, users won’t be charged anything if they opt to cancel their free-7-day subscription service.
There are 4 subscription packages for users to choose from. Annual billing provides the best bang to your buck!
- Pro – Best for start-ups and freelancers on a smaller budget, this subscription is priced at $83.28 per month billed annually.
- Guru – Suited for SMEs and SEO professionals, the Guru subscription is priced at $166 per month.
- Business – As the name suggests, the Business subscription is for bigger eCommerce companies. Pricing starts at $333 per month.
- Enterprise – Suited for businesses with greater than normal needs for content strategizing. SEMrush provides custom pricing based on business requirements.
For more information on SEMrush pricing, click here – pricing
SEMrush is the go-to keyword research tool for serious users.
To get started with your free trial of SEMrush, click here – best keyword finder tool
2. Ahrefs Keyword Explorer
Ahrefs is a great choice after SEMrush. It is one of the more popular keyword finding tools for content-focused individuals.
With a distinctive user interface, Ahrefs provides users with detailed keyword reports. It utilises clickstream data as well.
- Keyword Explorer
- Over 1000 word Keyword Suggestions
- Easy to use platform
- Detailed User Statistics
- SERP Supported
Ahrefs provides a 7-day trial at $ 7 of their Lite and Standard Subscription packages for all users.
There are 4 subscription packages for users to choose from. Annual billing can save over 2 months.
- Lite – Best suited for freelancers and is priced at $99 per month. However, there is a $7 trial package available.
- Standard – Catered for online marketing professionals and is priced at $179 per month. There is a $7 trial package available as well.
- Advanced – Best suited for larger organisations and priced at $399 per month.
- Agency – For brands who rely heavily on online sales and priced at $999 per month
For more information on Ahrefs pricing, click here – pricing
Ahrefs new keyword explorer and interactive graphs are a good reason to use their keyword finder tool. For more information on Ahrefs click here.
3. KW Finder
If you’re searching for that one tool that is committed to finding keywords, then KW Finder is the best keyword finding tool to opt for.
KW Finder is a product from Mangools – a reputed developer known for high-quality keyword finder tools.
KW Finder helps users to get access to problem-solving keywords that will drive their targeted traffic.
- Long-tail Keywords
- Multi-language Keyword search
- Friendly platform setup
- Keyword Statistics
- Intuitive Keyword Difficulty
KW Finder Pricing:
KWFinder tool provides a 10-day-free trial without any credit card details and a 48-Hr Money Back Guarantee!!
There are 3 subscription packages for users to choose from. Annual billing can save up to 40% in costs.
- Mangools Basic – Ideally for freelancers and start-ups. Monthly billing starts at $29.90 per month.
- Mangools Premium – Better suited for medium-sized businesses and blogs with billing starting at $39.90 per month.
- Mangools Agency – Best for larger agencies and eCommerce sites with billing priced at $79.90 per month.
Mangools Basic package is a great offering for beginners. To know more, click here.
4. Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is one of the highest used keyword finding tools in the market. It may not be as powerful as the previous contenders on this list. But it deserves a mention for the best free keyword research tool.
All its results are straight from Google itself, they are highly effective with Google Ads and Adsense, moreover, it is a free keyword research tool!
- Google results
- Monthly Searches
- Visuals for Keyword trends and volumes
- Idea Suggestions
- Competitive Top Page Bid
Google Keyword Planner Pricing:
Google Keyword Planner is free! Yaaay!
Google Keyword Planner is recommended for users who need a free keyword finding tool. With accurate results and no specific pricing packages, it’s one of the best free keyword research tools.
For more information on Google Keyword Planner, click here.
5. Long Tail Pro
Long-tail keywords are the latest trends in modern SEO and Long Tail Pro is the best choice for it. It is a cloud-based tool for keyword searching, more specifically for generation long-tail keywords.
Long Tail Pro has a strong fan base amongst micro-niche bloggers.
- Detailed Keyword Analysis
- Long-tail Keywords
- Traffic Recommendation
- Highly SERP supportive
- Easily measure Keyword Competitiveness
Long Tail PRO Pricing:
Long Tail PRO is a purely paid keyword finding tool. Although it does offer a 7-day-free trial and provides a 10-day Money Back Guarantee.
There are 3 subscription packages for users to choose from. Annual billing can save up to 67% in costs.
- Annual Starter – Suitable for start-ups and small blogs at $25 per month
- Annual Pro – Suitable for organizations at $45 per month
- Annual Agency – For large scale agencies at $98 per month
For more information on Long Tail Pro, click here
6. Keyword Tool
Keyword Tool is highly recommended for keyword data mining. Regarded as one of the best in the market, it is powerful and fairly simple to make use of.
Keyword Tool is able to provide cross-platform keyword analysis.
- Keyword Search (Google Auto-Complete)
- Social Media keyword Analysis
- Easy navigation
- Save results and reports
Keyword Tool Pricing:
Keyword Tool is like the Google Keyword Planner, it offers 750 free keyword searches.
It does have a ‘Basic’ subscription priced at $69 per month.
Keyword Tool works across Youtube, Bing, eBay, Amazon, Instagram and Twitter. It is one of the best youtube keyword research tools out there. For more information on the Keyword Tool, click here.