Before, you begin on the mission of learning every aspect of affiliate marketing, let me give you an idea of affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is the strategy of collecting a commission by broadening the products of other’s companies. When you find a product that you like, you can inform others know about it and collect a part of the earning for every sale that you do. It is not only the advertising or just the goods production that restricts your existence as an affiliate marketer. An affiliate marketer can be perceived as someone who schemes the technique of distributing the product and dealing with the commodity across many corporations, where every faction receives a proportion of the income as per their contribution.
In this Affiliate marketing article, I wish to give you all the necessary details about it.
- Affiliate marketing and it’s basics
- How does Affiliate marketing work
- How to get started with Affiliate marketing
- Important tips for Affiliate marketing
- Important terminologies related to Affiliate Marketing
- Relevant Frequently Asked Questions regarding Affiliate Marketing.
How does it work?
The seller gives every affiliate with a unique link so they can trace who was accountable for a deal. The link has a file known as a cookie that gets stored on their device. The cookies enable the merchant to credit the sale back to the authentic person. It has an expiry date. You get paid even if the consumer holdups their purchase.
Big brands like Amazon, Google, Apple, etc, do affiliate marketing as well. Anyone can join their affiliate program and earn extra income from it. The commission can start from a dollar to thousands of dollars depending on the product which you are promoting.
With this guide, I wish to help you realize the importance of affiliate marketing so that you can also apply it to make money
How can beginners start Affiliate marketing?
You can use the following methods to start affiliate marketing
• You can get started with a blog wherein you can promote your product. This is an ideal way to start your affiliate marketing.
• You can take the help of PPC sites like Google, Quora, and Facebook to get the audience. This is PPC marketing.
• If you love making videos then you can start your YouTube channel and advertise about the products there. You can also add the link to the products in the description.
• Create a mini-website. You can further create an email list and send the link to your products.
• Podcasts are in trend these days. It has the potential to gain much traffic. You can recommend the products which you want to promote.
How can you start Affiliate Marketing with the help of a blog?
If you want to start your affiliate marketing with the help of a blog, read the steps given below to get started today.
• Select a good niche and start a blog. Make a good blog with catchy headlines, informal language, and overall a good presentation.
• Browse the affiliate products which have a good margin for profit. I will advise you do choose a product according to your blog. This will not make your viewers feel spammed.
• Create good content about the product.
• After working on good content, you need to scheme techniques to drive traffic to your site. You can utilize paid traffic as well as unpaid traffic to steer the audience to your affiliate site. Search Engine Optimization, Pay per Click and other similar digital marketing tools can be applied to achieve your target.
• Drive traffic and promote your blog as much as possible.
• Use email marketing techniques to get traffic from there as well.
• Put more effort into promoting your blog so that you get more visitors. This will ensure that more people will come across your affiliate product.
• Every time someone buys any product via your link, you get a certain amount and for that.
Choosing a profitable niche is not easy. It involves big competition as the web is full of billions of blogs. For creating a successful blog, you require to concentrate on sub-niches rather than focusing on a broad niche. Remember to make your topic-specific and content very amazing along with a good layout. Use researched keywords and SEO to index competently on search. You can now add the affiliate links and generate revenue when someone buys it.
Just having a decent content or a good blog or a good YouTube Channel is not enough to generate good affiliate revenue. There are specific aspects that you require to analyze and act accordingly. The crucial element is positioning a link. You should place the link very effectively. If you position the link in the opening part, it might be a big turn off to your readers. If you place the link in the ending, there are possibilities that they won’t go through the entire article. It can comprise the risk of nor being seen. Be clever enough to position your link properly.
Starting your affiliate marketing company via a blog is advisable because this involves minimum investment. You will get to learn a lot while starting a blog and promoting it. This experience will help you a lot in the future. This entire process demands smart work along with consistency.
Terms related to affiliate marketing:
I have listed some of the common terms related to affiliate marketing that you need to know
• Affiliates: People like us who use affiliate links to market products are known as affiliates.
• Affiliate Software: These are special software that is being used by companies to create an affiliate program for their commodities.
• Affiliate Link: It is a unique link given by the companies that are selling the product. They assign the affiliate link to the affiliates to keep a check on the sale of the product. This also gives information about the person who is responsible for the sale of the product.
• Affiliate marketplace: The marketplace like Clickbank and Shareasale functions as databases in various niches.
• Affiliate ID: Some of the affiliate programs give a special ID that can be added to any page. It is identical to the affiliate link
• Payment mode: All affiliate programs have their own mode of payment. Different affiliate programs have different payment modes.
• OPM/ Affiliate Manager: Several firms have devoted affiliate managers to enable publishers to obtain surplus profit by giving tips for optimization tips.
• 2-tier affiliate marketing: This is a considerable means of earning wealth from an affiliate program. With the help of this technique, you propose others to enrol in the affiliate programs. You are likely to earn a part if the sub-affiliate’s earning as the product has been referred by you. This is much like multi-level marketing.
• Landing Page: A special page which is used to boost the sale Several programs have different landing pages. You can analyze the best page which has the best conversion by run A/B testing.
• Link clocking: Many affiliate tracking links are too lengthy. You can use a Link Clock technique like Thirty Affiliates. This makes your kink better and readable by the readers.
• Custom Coupons: There are custom coupons to track sales. The discount on these custom coupons boosts the sale of the product.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
You must have got a decent idea of Affiliate marketing till now. These FAQs will clear the remaining doubts.
1) How much money can one make through Affiliate marketing?
There is no limit to making money via affiliate marketing. There are affiliate marketing companies that are making billion dollars through this. You need to focus on every detail of affiliate marketers use PPC to market products. Blogging will take you a long way in this industry. No matter whatever strategy you apply, blogging always tops the list when it comes to affiliate marketing in India and the rest of the world.
2) Is it mandatory to start a blog for affiliate marketing?
A blog is not an essential criterion for starting affiliate marketing. However, a blog has the maximum potential to make your affiliate program a success. You can use PPC and other advertising tools to market your product
3) Do I need to spend a lot of money to join an affiliate program?
You don’t need to spend money on joining an affiliate program. The money goes into promoting the affiliate product to drive traffic. Your overall cost depends on the strategy which you adopt to promote your products.
4) Is Affiliate marketing illegal?
Affiliate marketing is not illegal. You only need a link to start it. However, in a particular jurisdiction, you are considered to reveal that you may be paid for promoting the product.
5) Do I need to hold any degree to become an affiliate marketer?
You do not need any specification to become an affiliate marketer. However, additional marketing skills and knowledge about this niche will add an extra edge to your business.
6) How can I get an affiliate link to any product?
Every company in the market does not have an affiliate link. However, you can see their website for information reacted to their affiliate marketing section. You can also get relevant information in their FAQs.
7) How to find the correct products for affiliate marketing?
You can browse through the blogs of others who are working on the same niche. You will get an idea of the affiliate products which they are using.
8) Can I use Affiliate marketing and Adsense together?
Yes, you can use both Adsense and Affiliate marketing at the same time. Affiliate Marketing overshadows Adsense most of the time.